Who Would Win
by grimreaper · 20 comments 5 days ago
Load Earlier Messages
grimreaper · 1 week ago
The Chimera (Resistance) vs the Locust (Gears of War)
trikatops · 1 week ago
The Chimera would win probably because of their technology, but then the locust also have great numbers. And I think more variety in terms of army, the beserkers, grubs, wretches or juvies, boomshots, buzzkills, mortars, maulers, Carriers, Snatchers, pouncers, etc. They also have that large tentacle hive mother at the end of Gears 4. Honestly I feel like that Locust would win. but maybe that is because I love Gears of War.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
We're talking pre Gears 4 Locust. Like in this timeline, both the Lambent and Human populations have been wiped out leaving the Locust as the sole sapient species on Sera. That's when the Chimera invade. And since Hybrids are made by converting humans, there would be Locust/Chimera Hybrids alongside Goliaths, Widowmakers, Ravagers, Krakens, Titans, and all of their other units while the Locust would have access to Brumaks, Corpsers, Reavers, and the like as well as human technology such as Centaur tanks, Lancer assualt rifles, and the Hammer of Dawn satellite array. Also Imulsion hasn't been destroyed in this timeline.
trikatops · 1 week ago
Well I don't know enough about Resistance to really put a good input in. I only really know Gears of War.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
Maybe we should call in a few people then.
@famousone
@dr_richard_ew
famousone · 1 week ago
Sorry, but I'm only familiar with Gears up to the third one.
A good rule of thumb is that a diversity in arms and tactics, along with good logistics, win wars.
dr_richard_ew · 1 week ago
I haven't heard of any, so I'm gonna be pretty useless here
grimreaper · 1 week ago
Well shit that backfired. Well the Chimera kinda act like the Reapers from Mass Effect in that they round you up to be converted into soldiers, in this case Hybrids as well as larger units such as Titans, Brawlers, and Widowmakers which are used in anti-infantry and anti-armor roles. Long-Legs are equipped with cybernetic implants that allow them to keep long distances. Goliaths are 300 foot tall walking Missle batteries. Steelheads use guns called Augers that can see and shoot through walls. Leapers track and capture would-be victims into houses and tunnels where they can be coccooned by Spinners to become Grims, which are then fitted with cooling units and given firearms.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
They use a mix of plasma weapons as well as railguns and conventional rockets. They also make use of robotic units such as Stalkers, shielded walkers used to destroy enemy armor, and a multitude of different kinds of drones. Chimera work on a hive mind and are controlled by a leadership class called Angels which rarely leave the safety of their ships or bases.
famousone · 1 week ago
Sera doesn't have the logistics or manpower to stand up to assimilators, and they don't have the tech to run or hide. They'll fight like Hell, but the Gears and Locust will die back to back
grimreaper · 1 week ago
I think the Chimera would chase the Locust into the Hollow, which would spell doom for them.
guest_ · 1 week ago
Tough call. Chimera technology is theoretically more advanced than gears technology. The chimera have air superiority and could easily take out the hammer of dawn satalites in orbit. The chimera are at a disadvantage in numbers, at least initially- but locusts are quite resilient. I don’t know there’s a clear victor. Some variables would greatly effect it. Did the chimera plant a network on sera like on earth to aid them? This is unlikely to me as the locust and humans have explored much of sera underground and no mention has ever came up of chimera artifacts. Do the chimera have the means to (reliably) infect locust- and how does lambentcy effect that- if it occurs before or during chimera hybridization? Do the chimera have a delivery system for their carriers that works in the hollows? After the light mass bombing it was shown that while initially effective such an attack on the locust wasn’t as destructive as hoped, and also wasn’t repeatable.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
The Chimera do not have a network on Sera. Leapers and Spinners, albeit ones larger and more strong than the standard variants, should be enough to seek out the Locust. They were made for finding humans in confined spaces after all.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
Since the Locust are essentially mutated humans, they would be able to transform them into hybrids without much trouble. Lambent Hybrids would function much like normal Lambent, the Cloven, or Feral Chimera in that they wouldn't be friendly to either faction. And I imagine that they could modify Krakens to bore through rock and soil or send their troops through the opening in Jacinto where the Hollow was flooded.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
Maybe they could sink Goliaths and Leviathans using Corpsers because I'm damn sure a Brumak can't take down a Goliath or a Leviathan.
dimebag · 1 week ago
If the chimera are invading, couldn't the Locust just fire the Hammer of Dawn at them?
Gears 4 swarm would actually stand a better chance since they're a hive mind as they wouldn't be able to be converted on a large scale.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
The Locust are already a Hive Mind or they at least have a direct connection to the Queen.
dimebag · 1 week ago
They're connected to the queen. I'm not sure if they're connected with each other.
If they could convert the Locust Queen it wouldn't be a contest.
Lambent would be interesting since there'd then be a 3rd party stronger than the other two, but probably a lot lower in numbers initially.
grimreaper · 1 week ago
Plus Lambent would be formed from both the Locust and the Chimera. Converting the Queen would be difficult as she is very well protected, plus the fact that Locust can function on their own without the Queen, seen in the Savage Locust, would make them harder to defeat.
grimreaper · 5 days ago
Overall I think it'd come down to numbers. Once all the Locust on the surface are killed or converted, the Chimera would be forced to march into the Hollow for a new supply of troops, which probably wouldn't end very well.