Guys I'm kinda freaking out
by dr_richard_ew · 461 comments 6 hours ago
Load Earlier Messages
funkmasterrex · 12 hours ago
At least I think the second is a .38, I know for sure the first is a .44 magnum. W/e... I should go find those and build a last resort trap; as right now I have movement, a wakizashi, a stone club I can throw (benefit of being quieter), angles of attack and what amounts to tripwires. I also have two trick escape routes, one of which only 5 people and a cat know about.. and I'm not worried about any of them.
Now, as for being overwhelmed by a group of people, they'd have to cross walls or find a way through the gates, which is really difficult... and I still have "tripwires" that will alert me.
Aaand I was wrong; a Peacemaker and a Colt 45.At least I got the .44 part for the Peacemaker right. They're now set up in strategical positions.
dr_richard_ew · 10 hours ago
Update: bro I found an even better tracker for the virus in NB (technically it's a canada wide one but I only care about NB... maybe a lil bit of Alberta too bc of a certain someone here lol), bc it's not just government confirmed cases, but it's people inputting themselves into it as well. No waiting for a test, just people saying they're not feeling well. Community owned, no government involvement whatsoever.
Idk if you guys approve of it more than official websites since ya told me to not trust that site but at least you can trust the general public right? Riiiiight? (Please say yes...)
Sidenote @xvarnah I just realized this today but how come you're now telling me to act like everyone already has it yet about a week ago you're one of the people who helped convince me to go get some fast food? I'm not angry, just curious
xvarnah · 10 hours ago
What? I never said DON'T act like everyone else has it when I told you to go get fast food. Absolutely do. Stay 6 feet away from them, don't touch your face after touching things, keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times..
Assuming other people have it doesn't mean stop living entirely.
When I go to the store I stand away from people, or give them room when they clearly would like it. I wash my hands and wipe down most of the shit I buy with bleach water when I get home when I feel it necessary. I don't shake hands with people. I dont hug them. I disinfect surfaces and doorknobs where I work. They don't touch my credit cards or anything when I pay.
I still have had fast food probably 4 times since this all started, twice this week. I still go to work. I still get the mail.
It's one thing to protect yourself in as reasonable a manner as possible. It's another to stop living entirely. Getting the burger was good for you more than just filling your stomach
xvarnah · 10 hours ago
Saving our physical health at the complete obliteration of our mental health and we may as well be dead anyway. Chances are the long term repercussions will be just as irreversible, and even harder to see
Ok. I guess I misinterpreted your comment there. I'm sorry
xvarnah · 10 hours ago
@famousone I'm pretty sure I'd rather have broken frames than some psycho in my house :p
@xvarnah why not just grab a machete and become more of a psycho than the psycho breaking into your house?
xvarnah · 10 hours ago
@adam44 I have fired guns before. Been a few years. Can't remember the main one I shot. But there was also a desert eagle (fucking beast) and some sort of military grade rifle which I absolutely will not shoot again because I do not possess the upper body strength to hold on to one of them hand-cannons.
Tbh I don't actually LIKE the idea of having a gun kicking around (and the gun laws in canada seem rather painful). But, as you say, for fun and in a disaster situation, it seems like they'd be better to have than not
xvarnah · 10 hours ago
@dr_richard_ew you don't need to be sorry at all hon. I was just clarifying
Ok good.
Sidenote having a gun COULD be fun imo, but I have 3 reasons as to why I do not want one at the same time:
1. I dont trust myself with a gun, whether it be my lack of knowledge of them or the fact that I really dont want to fuckin shoot an intruder to death
2. Guns are fucking boring. I'd rather grab a machete and cut a bitch up if they broke into my house. Could I potentially be at a disadvantage? Maybe. Do I care? No bc I'm gonna go down swinging (hell it even took me years to finally give ew a gun like weapon to his arsenal and even then it's a plasma rifle)
3. I dont think anyone else would trust me with a gun knowing my personal childhood background
famousone · 9 hours ago
I am so totally confused, but I am glad to be included
famousone · 9 hours ago
If we're talking weapons, I have a decent arsenal. Some for hunting, but plenty for self-defense and SHTF (shit hit the fan) situations. Near or far, day or night, I'm set.
I could set traps, but in peacetime I think dogs and cameras are the only unmanned systems my property needs. I'd never lock any into a frame, though.
dr_richard_ew · 9 hours ago
If I'm talking weapons... I have a pocket knife and thats it lol. I won't be getting a machete until I probably end up moving out of my parents house for good (technically I'm moved out from them now, but I'm here for school, and bc of this stupid virus I'll probably have to travel back home bc there's no work opportunities here in miramichi)
dr_richard_ew · 9 hours ago
(for the summer I mean, not permanently)
funkmasterrex · 6 hours ago
I think they wanted us to fight @famousone ... how wrong they were. Dogs in an open area is a great idea, I just don't have the space... even the smell-chasing will lead end up with every dog in about a 500 meter distance barking. As for cameras... as a defensive tactic you need presence.... unless you camera a camera.
@dr_richard_ew a good surgeon needs not a knife, but a sewing needle and a fuckton of yarn
Oh... it was a joke. My bad @xvarnah And yeah, those are all last resorts.