Load Earlier Messages
jasonmon · 1 week ago
Hmm... Avery, Calista, Emma, Victoria, Wingnut, Chloe, Eva, or Penelope (since that won last time we named something)
It'd be easier to pick if we knew your first and last names, but obviously don't post them. We'll just bury you with middle name options and you can sift through them.
parisqeen · 1 week ago
I love the name Aubrey or Audrey, probably gonna name one of my kids the first one. Granted it could totally not fit with the rest of your name so maybe find something that flows with your first and last (and second middle name if you have one). For example try finding a name with the same mouth sounds like, so if Alice was your first name then Alice Aubrey would sound nice or Alice Elisa or Alice Albert
captbojangles18 · 6 days ago
Agamemnon
jasonmon · 6 days ago
I forgot to spell it out phonetically earlier. My suggestion of Eva earlier is pronounced like the "a" in haste and then -vuh. So it's AY-vuh.
jmmcclain · 6 days ago
Evangaline
Atalanta - https://youtu.be/zjTDoXGR7-M
Just go with what you feel. I'm just some crazy persons on the internets
flyingoctopus · 6 days ago
Grognak Destroyer of Souls
aviva · 6 days ago
@thatguyyouknow I prefer not to say. Let‘s assume my name is “Lae“
@hermionegranger Those sound good, but they don‘t quite work for me. Thank you still :)
@savage_demmigod Hmm, not really
@cliquegeek I need to avoid Jeff memes lol
@willfree Great idea. Thank you :)
@dr_richard_ew I don‘t want to be summoned anytime the d is mentioned in a post haha
@mialinay My current middle name reminds of trauma. Your suggestions are pretty good, but I can‘t pronounce some of them, and my name sounds a bit weird with a couple of them ^^‘
@xvarnah I don‘t have any specific names I like, but I do love uncommon names that have great meanings.
aviva · 6 days ago
@purplepumpkin ^I told Mia and Xvar somewhere up here. And I don‘t mind any letter really.
@mrfahrenheit Noo lol
@jasonmon Wingnut!? :O (is that a name for a cat?) lol. I know a couple of people who have those names. I wouldn‘t want to be swallowed up lol. Eva sounds ok, it doesn‘t fit my name though.
@parisqeen Ok. And that‘s true. My name begins with an ‘L‘
@captbojangles18 Huh?
@jmmcclain Some crazy people on the internet can have better name suggestions than I do :)
@flyingoctopus That made me laugh so much haha
unklethan · 6 days ago
"The Yellow Dart"
Quotes and everything
thatguyyouknow · 6 days ago
Pick a funny name that only you'll understand why you picked it
purplepumpkin · 6 days ago
Ok, I suggest Agathe, Gaïa, Maïlis, Graziella, Claudia, Esther, Mylia, Eleuthera (ok that's not a name but it means free in ancient greek and I thought it may fit if you're replacing a trauma-related name), Kat, Ruby.
cliquegeek · 6 days ago
Dobby
jasonmon · 6 days ago
@aviva I was just trying to match names to your personality. I can't believe you don't like Wingnut.. :p
Now that I know your name starts with L and that you're looking for something with a deeper meaning, I have a couple new options for you:
Celeste, which means "heavenly." If the big L sound matches your first name, I think it could be pretty.
Marie, which is a classic Christian name, even though it can mean "rebellion." Marie also usually goes well with L first names.
xvarnah · 6 days ago
Just going to shoot in the dark and throw names of various origin/meaning/uniqueness around. Oddly a lot of names apparently have religious origin if you go back to their roots.
'
(I'm not really invested in any of the names so if you dislike them by all means feel free to let me know, won't hurt my feelings).
'
I haven't read all the other posts so apologies for repeats:
xvarnah · 6 days ago
I haven't read all the other posts so apologies for repeats:
'
Nicole/Nicolette/Colette - "Victory of the people."
'
Simona/Simone - "He has heard" 
'
Lena - "Generous and kind" or "She that allures"
'
Geneviève - meaning obscure. "Kin, family" is part of it. It was the name belonging to a Saint who helped protect Paris from the Huns in the 5th centure
'
Melody - "Music"
'
Faith/Faithe/Faythe/Faye - "to trust"
'
Sienna - "Orange-Red"
'
Krista/Christa/Kristina/Christina - "a Christian," Christina was the name of a saint who was tortured and tormented by her father for defying him
'
Naomi/Noemi two meanings. "Pleasantness," only applies to Naomi. "Beautiful, honest," applies to the Japanese root of both names
xvarnah · 6 days ago
Liberty - Freedom
'
Hayleigh/Haylee/Hailey - "hay clearing"
'
Elene/Eline - A variant of Helen. "Torch," "Moon." Helen is the name of a famous daughter of Zeus, whose kidnapping incited one of the more notorious wars in mythology (and in the theatre)
'
Rose - The flower
'
Veronica - "True image"
'
Jasmin(e)/Jessamyn/Yasamen - A plant used for making perfume.
'
Jessa/Jessica - from "The Merchant of Venice." Possible meaning "to behold."
'
Odette - from "Swan Lake," the name of a princess cursed to transform into a swan
'
Anabelle/Anna/Annabella/Arabella - "Lovable"
'
Qunn - "descendant of conn" 
'
Delilah - "Delicate," although it is also widely associated with the prostitute who tricked Samson and cut off his hair. Still a pretty name
'
Atara - "crown"
'
River - means exactly what you'd expect
funkmasterrex · 5 days ago
"And then".
@captbojangles18 I second Agamemnon.
Why not just go with Aviva itself? It's the same forward and backwards... and the A vs V part with the I separating them is dope. It's beautiful in the symmetry.... and I don't know how you say it aloud, but A-vee-vah and Ah-veh-vah both sound good... plus Viva means "live" so you got "A-live"; "Alive" going with that... das cool. Downside: Aviva PLC is a multinational British insurance company. <_< That's not a very bad downside.
My other serious suggestion: Sheba. It means "Oath" in Hebrew, fitting if you're changing your name, and Sheba was a badass queen. In some texts she ruled the only lands in the known world Solomon didn't conquer, played riddle games with him, and is sometimes believed to be the mother of Nebuchadnezzar II between her and Solomon instead of her and Nabopolassar. Nebuchandnezzar II eventually destroyed Solomon's Temple.
catfluff · 4 days ago
Sarabi
Shiva
Serena
Marcé
Beatrice
Caileen